Thursday, February 4, 2010

All Skill - No Luck, or was that all luck....

 
I just want to let y'all know that I didn't have any h-w or a single meeting last night. So guess what us SAS men did to kill the evening.  Yep that's right, we had a Poker Tournament and yours truly Mr. Nicholas "lucky pants" Tomkins won! A 14 person tourney makes for a decent pot.

We had a great dinner, of course it started with our typical salad, Thousand Island dressing is not my fav though, I am a Ranch man. The main course consisted of a very garlicy pasta with some sort of crab cake/fish thing over rice and the requisite veggies. Well now on to the dessert. They had these beautiful eclairs that were covered with a chocolate dipping sauce! Delicious

So as you can see, I had an amazing night out here in the beautiful if not slightly rocky Pacific Ocean. And as we all know since the boat crossed the IDL I am living in the future. I hope your future Thursday night (Feb 4th) bodes as well as mine did!

Currently it's 1:33am Friday morning....we just set our clocks back an hour again tonight. I have no idea what time it is back home but you are probably somewhere around 9:33am, Thursday morning. I think we are plus 16 hours right now.

Well I am off to bed...lots to do tomorrow 


“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” 
 -   Margaret Mead  -


Nicholas Alan Tomkins
Semester at Sea Spring 2010
1/17/2010 - 5/5/2010

Check out our current position or other info about my voyage: http://www.semesteratsea.org/current-voyage/overview/

No comments:

Post a Comment