Friday, April 30, 2010

"Nick Tomkins Dinner Menu"

 
Before we get into my Brazil Blog,  lets talk about the "Nick Tomkins Dinner Menu" night
 
Yesterday, Wed. 4/28 was not only the day of our ship wide Global Studies final exam, but more importantly is was "Nick Tomkins Dinner Menu" night.
 
Remember...,  I won that in the silent auction. Well it all happened last night and it went pretty well. I was not able to get a lot of the things I wanted due to it being the end of the voyage. You know, only certain foods left in the freezer and all. But it was still 100x better than a typical dinner. 

 

At the salad bar we had Creamy Caesar and Italian dressings, and of course my favorite… Tuna-Mac Salad!  The pasta dish was Baked Ziti, Shepard's Pie as the meat. Grilled Salmon in lemon sauce with Rice Pilaf,  some Veggies and the soup was Veggie Chili.  The biggest hit of the night ~ Apple Cobbler (heated up)….it was a great meal and I received many kudos for it.


I would be remiss if I did not tell you about another fancy dinner we had Thursday. This one was to celebrate Sara‘s birthday, which gave us an excuse to have a real nice end of the voyage gathering type thingy….
 


We have "A" exams tomorrow, and "B" study day. Then "B" exam day (Sunday5/2) which is also the Alumni Ball night. Then 2 more days and we are done…..

Just under a week before this wonderful voyage they call SAS Spring 2010 is over.
 


We're only as good as our last meal.
 ~ Chef Gordon Ramsay 

Nicholas Alan Tomkins
Semester at Sea
Spring 2010
1/17/2010 - 5/5/2010
 
Check out our current position or other info about my voyage:    http://www.semesteratsea.org/current-voyage/overview/
Email me at:    Nicholas.a.tomkins@gmail.com
Check out my photos as well!   http://picasaweb.google.com/nicholas.a.tomkins

No comments:

Post a Comment