Saturday, January 16, 2010

San Diego




It is 10 am on Saturday morning here in Beautiful San Diego! Its currently 64 degrees out! They should name this Nick Tomkins weather because it’s my perfect weather, a slight breeze but sunny and warm enough to wear shorts!

We got in at 6:10 pm Pacific time last night. After we got our bags, we went to go find the shuttle to the hotel. After waiting for a little while it finally came. This guy had no idea what he was doing. Mom told me to make sure the bags got on, and she went to go get a seat. Well he almost didn’t let me on the shuttle because our “bags didn’t fit”.  I said “ listen my mom is already on the bus I got to get on”. While he was on the phone calling his supervisor for help because he was so confused because of all the people, I said, “Ill put my own bags on”. So I put my bags in the back of the shuttle, which was not full at all and walked to the front were my mom was already sitting. When we got to the hotel we checked-in and put our things in our room. Our room is on the 8th floor, nice view of the harbor. Then we went to dinner at the nice hotel restaurant. We were both exhausted and starving. I had a nice baby Caesar, and a great filet! Mom had a wedge salad and crab cakes. We just made it up to the room before we both passed out at 9pm our time or Midnight back home. We got a nice 12 hr sleep in and we are ready to go. We are just waiting to check my mother in on Southwest for her flight to Vegas and then we are going to go explore before our afternoon SAS meetings. We learned that there are approx. 605 students on this trip, and due to maritime laws since the ship is registered in the Bahamas it cant start and end in a US port, so we are departing from a lil Mexican city less than an hour away from SD. It’s my last day on Land before I hit the high seas!


No comments:

Post a Comment