Monday, March 22, 2010

Crossing the Equater

 
Yea! No class today, its called Neptune Day. An ancient seaman's tradition triggered when we crossed the Equator for the first time. They came down the halls at like 7:00 am, banging on pots and pans, waking us all up. Then we went up to the ship's pool where they poured fish guts all over us and made everyone swim across the already disgusting pool. Then after kissing a real fish, we kissed King Neptune's ring (our Dean's) and then his Queen's ring (Dean's wife). 


 
Some people shaved their heads, including10 girls and of course I did. You know I love my short hair (LOL).  All in all It has been an extremely fun event and to top it off later on we had a BBQ with free Hamburgers.



Now I am going to lay out by the pool..., after which I may do some Homework and Reading/Studying.

Link to info:



Love you! hope all is well!!!!

Nicholas Alan Tomkins Semester at Sea Spring 2010 1/17/2010 - 5/5/2010
Check out our current position or other info about my voyage:

No comments:

Post a Comment